Saturday 2 May 2015

Adventure #BEDM


Last night I was trying to decide if I could run 12 miles, some LFR Club members were getting on a train to a local village and running back down the canal.  I carb-loaded last night just incase (well that's the excuse I gave myself for eating a lot of pizza).
I woke up this morning at 6:20am!!!! I don't even get up that early on a work day!  I quickly convinced myself that 8 to 12 miles was way too big of a jump especially after not being 100% over a hamstring pull a few weeks ago, but seeing as I was up I decided to hit MK parkrun, 5k seemed a lot more achievable!

To say I am very pleased with myself is an understatement! After thinking I might collapse 2k in I only went and got myself a PB, woo hoo!   To top it off I smashed my goal of finishing a 5k in under half an hour by getting 29:16!!!

For me this morning was quite an adventure!

Distance run this year: 161km/100miles

No comments:

Post a Comment